Monday, June 8, 2009

So...Hey...

Hey, my name is Chase Wassenar and I'm really looking forward to this first week of camp. I guess most of you don't really know me, so I'm going to spend this first post talking about who I am.

I was born at the Meadowlands Hospital in New Jersey on September 3, 1992 (just in case you all want to buy me a birthday present :P). I lived in Hoboken for 5 years before I moved to Summit. In June 1998, I moved to my house in Atlanta, where I have lived ever since. Since 1998, I have been a diehard Falcons fan; I have had season tickets to the games every year and have remained loyal to the team through the good, the bad, the atrocious, and the oh-my-god-how-are-we-this-awful. 

My main passions are writing and acting. I have written for my school paper, the Blue and Gold, for the last two years, with a heavy focus on sports. I was the first sophomore sports writer in the last ten years when I earned the job this year, and I will continue my post as sports editor next year. My other passion is acting. I have done plays year-round since I first came to Marist. My most prominent roles include "Fat Sam" in Bugsy Malone, Reuben in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, the Pirate King in Pirates of Penzance, Mr. Guggenheim in Titanic, and a featured soloist in Sweeney Todd. I basically live at my theatre. :D

Well, that's all I have time for today. I'll be back tomorrow though (mostly because I have to :P).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chase - I was president of the drama club in high school! Whoo! Glad you are here.

    ReplyDelete