Friday, June 12, 2009

My last at camp post! :(

This week has been an amazing experience all together. There are so many people I would love to thank! The students have been incredible, and might I add, entertaining. My teacher, Mary Jessica Hammes, has been the coolest features teacher I have ever had! She was thorough, but we still had fun! I definitely should thank the counselors, who put up with all of our mess and craziness! And I would like to thank the directors, they did an amazing job planning everything! 

Besides learning about features writing, I learned about all other aspects of journalism. This includes leadership and preparing for the new millennium. This all helped me grasp more knowledge about journalism and what the career is like. I'm glad I now have this new information to bring back to my staff at home!

Camp has allowed me to experience life as a college student. Living in the dorms was a new experience, especially sleeping on that awful plastic thing they call a bed. Lesson learned! Mattress pads are a must! The food was also better than I had expected, another warm welcome. 

Well, I cannot believe the week is almost over! I am going to miss everyone and I hope everyone the best in the world! 

Kaitlyn

2 comments:

  1. haha you crack me up!!! I will miss you and the love rhombus must get back together this summer :)

    ReplyDelete